There’s so many cruise lines and ships to choose from today. How do you choose? We’ve provided you with a few of the Top Rated Cruises Overall based on Cruisecritic 2018 Cruisers’ Choice Awards for 2018. Get to know the best cruise ships in a variety of categories, based on member review ratings for cruises taken in the last year.
Celebrity Equinox and her sisters offer a wide variety of stateroom categories, including Celebrity Cruises’ signature ConciergeClass and the new AquaClass.
Onboard amenities include a large theater called Equinox Theater; as with its sister ships, the name of the ship is included in the name of the theater. Multiple restaurant dining options including a dedicated restaurant for AquaClass guests called Blu; the Patio on the Lawn where guests can relax and have a picnic or play croquet; numerous bars and clubs; the Solstice Deck, the top deck of the ship; a youth facility called the Fun Factory; and iLounge, which is the Internet cafe. All Solstice-class ships were retrofitted with Apple Computer-based iLounges beginning in 2010. The ship also features many other common and unique features. Some innovations include glass-blowing classes/demonstrations as well as The Lawn Club, a live grass lawn between the ship’s funnels on the upper deck.
Harmony of the Seas
Harmony of the Seas has 2,747 staterooms, with a wide variety of types, to accommodate (at double occupancy) 5,479 guests ranging from small interior rooms to larger rooms and suites, some of which are fitted with wall-mounted 80-inch (200 cm) screens, covering nearly the floor to ceiling, that show the ship’s environment as if through a window, named ‘virtual balconies’. These screens were first fitted on the Quantum class of cruise ships. A full 43 categories of stateroom types are offered, starting at a size of 180 square feet; several types of suites are available, including the new “Royal Class” suites.
As the third member of the Oasis class, Harmony of the Seas is very similar to her two sister ships. However, there are some design changes and extra amenities, most noticeably the “Ultimate Abyss” dry slide at the stern of the ship and the “Perfect Storm” water slides. Harmony of the Seas is the second Royal Caribbean ship to feature water slides, after Liberty of the Seas underwent a refurbishment in January 2016 that added water slides and Splashaway Bay. The ship is divided into seven neighborhoods, including Central Park and Boardwalk, like her Oasis-class sisters. Amenities include:
- “Vitality” Spa and fitness center
- “Splashaway Bay” water play area for young children
- “Perfect Storm” water slide complex, featuring three slides
- “Ultimate Abyss” dry slide complex, with two ten-story tall enclosed slides
- 4 swimming pools and 10 hot tubs, including two hot tubs cantilevered over the edge of the ship
- 2 Flowrider surf simulators
- “Casino Royale” casino with a full selection of slot machines and table games
- “Puzzle Break: Escape the Rubicon” escape room game designed by Seattle-based Puzzle Break and ShowFX
- 20 dining venues, including “Wonderland” molecular gastronomy restaurant
- 11,252 works of art
- Studio B Ice Rink
- The Aqua Theatre, an open-air stage which hosts diving, aerial and acrobatics shows
- The Bionic Bar, where drinks are made solely by two robotic arms
- The Royal Theatre, a 1,400 seat venue for Broadway-style shows such as Grease, Royal Caribbean’s original show Columbus, and 3D movies
- DreamWorks Experience, with characters from Shrek, Kung Fu Panda, etc.
- Two rock climbing walls
- Full-size basketball court, miniature golf course and ping pong tables
- Zip line
- Adventure Ocean programs for children and youth; also Royal Babies and Royal Tots programs
- “Voom” high-speed Internet
- Optional RFID enabled wristbands (WOWbands) which will provide the same functions as the SeaPass cards
- Promenade shopping mall featuring jewelry, fashion and accessories
- Rising Tides Bar, a bar platform that raises and lowers three floors between the Promenade level and the Central Park level
- Carousel, Johnny Rockets, Starbucks, snacks and entertainment on the Boardwalk area
- Central Park, an open air garden path with food and shops
Voted Best Mediterranean Cruises (Large Ship) by Cruise Critic Cruisers’ Choice Awards, Celebrity Reflection received several new enhancements during her recent dry dock. Now, you can experience a cinematic night under the stars with A Taste of Film at the Rooftop Terrace. It’s an exciting way to enjoy the great outdoors, satisfy your love of movies, and dazzle your taste buds all at once.
Treat yourself to spa innovations at the luxurious Canyon Ranch SpaClub or visit our just-added shops for Tiffany and Swiss Watch on board. Celebrate the flavorful joys of outdoor grilling at the Lawn Club Grill. Enjoy more than 20 delicious dining options in the Main Restaurant. Unwind in your own cabana-style haven at The Alcoves. More upgrades include faster, more secure access to your stateroom utilizing radio-frequency technology. Just tap your SeaPass card-no more fumbling with magnetic cards. Your vacation time is precious, and your time aboard Celebrity Reflection will make the most of it.
The Celebrity Silhouette is impressive, with chic upgrades to the iconic Lawn Club we’ve provided more space to relax, and socialize in the fresh sea air, plus the Lawn Club Grill offers an interactive outdoor grilling experience. After a day of adventure unwind in your own cabana-styled haven at The Alcoves. Inside, embark on a culinary adventure at Qsine where food and wine are ordered from an iPad menu. 85% of the ship’s luxurious staterooms are enhanced by sweeping veranda views.
Find true poolside serenity at the Solarium. Featuring a gorgeous pool, sparkling waterfalls, thickly padded lounge chairs, and an adults-only policy, tranquility is always just a few steps away.
Allure of the Seas
Allure of the Seas is not only the most decorated ship in the Royal Caribbean fleet, it’s won more awards than any other ship in the world. This is adventure that sails way ahead of the curve. In only eight years since it launched, Allure of the Seas has managed to impress everyone, with awards ranging from on-board entertainment to family-friendly activities. One thing’s for sure— there’s never been a showstopper quite like Allure.
From the ooh’s and ah’s of high-diving spectacles at the AquaTheater, to the mmm’s and yum’s at dining favorites Chop’s Grille and Sabor Taqueria, and kid hot-spots like the mini golf course and H20 Zone Water Park in between, the thrills don’t stop on-board Allure of the Seas.
A Dream Come True. Let your imagination set sail on the Disney Dream. Be front-and-center at original Broadway-caliber live shows, dine on artfully prepared meals in wondrously themed restaurants and make a splash on the AquaDuck. Combining classic beauty and modern luxury with legendary Disney storytelling, the award-winning Disney Dream invites you to embark on an unforgettable voyage where dreams really do come true.
There’s an almost endless amount of one-of-a-kind entertainment, recreation and dining offerings on the Disney Dream to keep the entire family smiling from sun-up to well after sundown. Laugh and cheer during original Disney musicals, watch a fireworks show under the stars or catch the newest Disney 3D films. While the kids are off having the times of their lives, adults can retreat to exclusive on-board locales created just for them. Experience calm at sea inside Senses Spa & Salon before heading over to the adults-only part of the ship known as The District, home to mixed drinks at Skyline and Pink, live televised sporting events at 687 Pub and dancing at Evolution.